Saturday, November 18, 2006

Normal people v. RIAA

I love it when rich groups decide that they need just a little more money. They get those dollar signs in their eyes, and you know what they're after. Greenbacks, baby!

It seems to me that the RIAA has gone completely crazy with their lawsuits. Charging people $750 per illegal downloaded. Wow. I thought I should just pay for my download not 749 other people's downloads as well (based on iTunes being $0.99 per song).

I intend to document interesting (or even ridiculous) cases brought against downloaders.

Answer Filed in Arista v. Greubel in Texas.
Defendant argues that since Kazaa coughed up $115 million to the RIAA his downloads are already covered.

Judge Grants Marie Lindor's Motion... Judge is allowing the defendant in this case to argue that $750 per song is too high.

No comments: